Staying safe in Your Church Community
- Everyone has a right to be safe from danger and anyone who might harm them.
- The Church believes that all children and teenagers should be protected from harm.
- The Church also believes that there are some grown ups who need to be protected from danger and harm.
- There are some people who need help because they might try to harm others.
- The church wants to make sure that anyone who takes part in any activity in Church is safe.
- To make sure that everyone can be kept safe there are some rules and ideas that will help this happen. If you would like to find out what these rules and ideas are
- You would like to talk to somebody about feeling safe and being safe, please contact the Diocese of York Safeguarding Advisor on 07551124951 or 01904 699500
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger of being harmed then please do not hesitate to contact the police or your local social service department.